Last week, we had a connecting4 meeting over tea and apple streusel bars, the spicy flavor of Michael’s homemade chai tea coupled perfectly with my homemade dessert. I will treasure these summer days with Michael and my lovely sisters.
~check out the recipe below!
Apple Streusel Bars
By August 26, 2012Published:
- Yield: 10-12 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 45-55 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
This is an apple/cinnamon coffee cake wich is both sweet and moist. It is not dense like apple crisp, but has a more rich and fluffy texture.
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 2 whole Apples peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 whole Eggs beaten
- 1 cup Self-rising Flour
- 1/3 cup Blanched Almonds finely chopped (topping)
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour (topping)
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar (topping)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon (topping)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter (topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line an 11x7 inch (28x18 cm) sheet cake pan. Sprinkle apples with lemon juice.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Gradually add the eggs.
- Sift over the flour and fold in evenly. Stir in the apples and spread into baking pan.
- For the topping, mix all ingredients to a crumbly texture and sprinkle over cake.
- Bake the cake in oven for 45-55 minutes or until firm and golden.